libtool

A question about -export-symbols and C++

From: Rafał Mużyło
Subject: A question about -export-symbols and C++
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 08:10:18 +0100

Back in 2003, libtool got a patch to use -version-script instead of
-retain-symbols-file under Linux (in the repo it's commit
fb5e6cda96bd9dcae9e4f62ec8b6b3e572a32743).

While I was toying with a few things, I've noticed, that this patch
doesn't affect C++.

I don't know if there was a technical reason for this.

I've came up with a patch, that kind of works, though it's most likely
not really correct. It's against libtool 2.4.

If this mail reaches the list, I'd like to know:
- was skipping C++ back then done on purpose ?
- just how incorrect is the attched patch ?

PS: CC me with the replies.