libunwind-devel

Re: [libunwind] GCC 3.3.2 not linking libunwind

From: Jim Wilson
Subject: Re: [libunwind] GCC 3.3.2 not linking libunwind
Date: 11 Dec 2003 15:03:44 -0800

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:32, Ian Wienand wrote:
> I'm trying gcc working with libunwind support, and by default it
> doesn't seem to link against the unwind library.

This has already been fixed for the upcoming gcc-3.3.3 release.  So it
is correct in the gcc CVS tree, but broken in gcc-3.3.2.  Your patch is
a necessary but not sufficient fix.  There are a few other related
problems where -lunwind is not included where it should be, and included
where it isn't needed.  Your patch fixes the most visible problem
though, you might not run into the others.