libunwind-devel

Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:51:06 -0700

  Ian> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:06:53PM -0700, Boehm, Hans wrote:
  >> Atomic_ops-1.0 uses much of your build machinery.  Hopefully that
  >> will make the Debian package easier.

  Ian> I created a 1.0 branch at

  Ian> svn checkout
svn://svn.toolchain.org/svn/qprof/libatomic-ops/branches/libatomic-ops-1.0

  Ian> We used to make a shared library, but don't any more.  I think that's
  Ian> probably a good thing.  If somebody wants to check it over and put it
  Ian> in experiemental or whatever, that's cool (you can just do 'make deb'
  Ian> and upload everything in the debian-build subdir)

I wanted to check whether libatomic-ops.a gets built with -fPIC so I
tried to build it:

$ ./autogen.sh
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
src/Makefile.am:7: NEED_ASM does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/atomic_ops/sysdeps/Makefile.am:2: invalid variable `nobase_sysdep_HEADERS'
doc/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `dist_pkgdata_DATA'
$ ./configure
$ make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    @PICFLAG@ -g -O2 -c atomic_ops_stack.c
gcc: @PICFLAG@: No such file or directory