libunwind-devel

[libunwind] get proc name from IP only...

From: francois draperi
Subject: [libunwind] get proc name from IP only...
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:55:27 +0200

Hello all,

I the past, I am using something (dirty ... ) like
   result = _Uelf64_get_proc_name(pid, (long)ip, buff, buf_len, &offp);

to get the function name, knowing only the instruction pointer IP, save previousely using
 unw_get_reg(&cursor, UNW_REG_IP, &ip);

I mean that the IPs a store durring program running, and, at end, I do display function name.

As expected, this is not working anymore on x86 RHEL3 ( i was running ia64/debian previousely).

Can anyone tell me hoe to get the proc name, knowing ONLY the ip ...

Thanks for your help
Francois.