libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] What goes inside a proc_info_pointer *pip

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] What goes inside a proc_info_pointer *pip
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:22:30 -0700

On 3/29/07, Nurdin Premji <address@hidden> wrote:
I think I need to set the following fields for the unw_proc_info_t:
start_ip, end_ip, format, unwind_info_size, unwind_info.

The unwind_info I think is a dwarf_cie_info_t

Would just wrapping dwarf_find_proc_info fill in all these fields?

How about implementing a remote version of dl_iterate_phdr()? The code is already using unw_get_accessors(). If you change that a bit (to pass  unw_addr_space_t) things should work ok.

It'd be great if you can address the statically linked binaries as well. dl_iterate_phdr() doesn't work there. We need to work out an interface with gcc developers to get access to something like:

_Unwind_Find_registered_FDE()

 -Arun