libunwind-devel

[Libunwind-devel] Explicitly exporting CFA

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Explicitly exporting CFA
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:09:26 +0100

Hi,

For frysk it is beneficial to get at the Canonical Frame Address from a
cursor (to check during stepping whether we are still in the same
function invocation, opposed to in some recursive invocation). But there
is no architecture independent way to get at it. Since the cfa is kept
in the dwarf cursor would it make sense to expose it explicitly as a
pseudo (read-only) register UNW_REG_CFA you can fetch through
unw_get_reg? (Currently we unwind one step and take the SP and see if it
changed).

Cheers,

Mark