libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:23:17 +0200

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 12:12 -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Sven Neumann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > So I'd like to know what the current state of the support for ARM is. Is
> > what I am trying to do supposed to work? Should I be trying a particular
> > branch perhaps?
>
> I'll let ARM developers comment on this. Some generic debugging tips:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug
> UNW_DEBUG_LEVEL=xx your-test
>
> where xx is a bitmask (such as 15).
>
> I suspect that you'll need to do:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug-frame
>
> on ARM - based on the patches that were posted to the list earlier.

Thanks for the tip, I can try that tomorrow. Are these patches in git
already or do I need to collect them from the list? Or is there perhaps
a patch-set that I can apply on top of the latest release?

BTW, I tried to create a tarball from current git using 'make dist' and
that failed. I have got it to work by adding some missing files to the
EXTRA_DIST rules. Should I submit these changes as a patch to the list?

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Neumann <address@hidden>