libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] mincore_validate fails sometimes

From: Daniel Vassdal
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] mincore_validate fails sometimes
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 13:58:28 +0000

>Indeed it does look like you are correct, and we should only check the return
>value, not the array.  Have you verified this fixes your issue?
>Would you like to send a patch?

I tested it and it solved the issue, but as I figured I'd get some more eyes on
it I ended up just disabling mincore for the build.
Since then we've upgraded to Poky 2.4, which uses v1.2 rather than bc8698f
which Poky 2.2 uses.
We haven't run into any issues with this version, and when checking the source,
v1.2 is before the original check of the result vector was added while bc8698f
is after.

I submitted a PR on GitHub.
https://github.com/libunwind/libunwind/pull/64

- DV