[Lightning] Re: merging

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Lightning] Re: merging
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:52:14 +0100

[back to public mailing list]
So do you want to _keep_ popr and pushr?  Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
No, but for now I'm not touching them; maybe it's better to deprecate
them for one release.  For the SPARC back-end, it is not any better or
any worse than it was before; for the others, it gives time to people
to switch and use jit_allocai.

Ok, I had misunderstood you.

Then, if we are to keep them for this release, wouldn't it be nicer to
have the working version on SPARC, even if people must have come to not
rely on it?  ;-)

It would. But it would also cause 32 extra bytes per frame, and I don't really like the idea...

Paolo