[Lightning] Re: Code patching, context switching

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Lightning] Re: Code patching, context switching
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:33:43 +0100

Sandro Magi wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
 Yes.  r3-r9, which the ABI uses for argument passing, are not accessible
 at all.  In the prolog, they are moved to other, callee-save registers,
 which are also not accessible with JIT_{R,V} but only with jit_getarg.

Actually, it occurs to me that I don't need access to caller-save
registers to implement context switching. My context switch function
will simply be a function that I call using prolog, and all
caller-save registers will thus already be saved on the stack and
restored on return after switching stacks. I then simply need to save
the registers accessible Lightning's JIT_V/FRP. Am I missing anything
here?

No, I don't think so; wwhat you say should work.

Paolo