[Lightning] PPC problem

From: Eli Barzilay
Subject: [Lightning] PPC problem
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:53:02 -0400

There was a PPC problem that we've just fixed, and I'm forwarding it
here in case it's not fixed in the lightning repository:

(Quoting Matthew Flatt)

The problem was a bug in lightning's icache-flushing code (used by the
JIT) It could walk one word past the end of an allocated page onto an
unallocated page. The bug was exposed by yesterday's change to the way
that memory is allocated to hold JIT-generated native code.

The fix is in "lightning/ppc/funcs.h": subtract 1 from `end' here:

     end -= ((long) end - 1) & (cache_line_size - 1);