Re: [Lightning] Re: About using lightning on a dynamically typed langua

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Re: About using lightning on a dynamically typed language
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:00:07 +0200

>  The idea is to create several small C functions, for most opcodes, so
> that I don't need to (or should not) bother with c99 complex numbers,
> tls variables, etc from the jit code, only from the small "callbacks".

Makes sense, like a mixture of JIT and threaded code.

BTW in the GNU Smalltalk JIT the superoperators are completely
separated at JIT time.  In the interpreter instead there is a program
to generate the "glued" code.  The glued code is more efficient
because it avoids writing temporary data to the stack.

Paolo