Re: [Lightning] i386 sse support

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] i386 sse support
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:28:03 +0200

   BTW, I was about to change
http://code.google.com/p/exl/source/browse/trunk/lib/elightning.c#690
because I thought it was caused by the bad jumps in the x87 and/or sse
code, but actually it still happens if used a sse instruction to add/sub/etc
vectors (using gcc __attribute__((vector_size(16)))) and generated jit
code that uses x87. Maybe it is gcc that is at fault, by not calling EMMS?
Or, it is right to assume that when compiled with -msse it should not care...
(or it is intel that is at fault for messing with x87 when using some sse
instructions :-)

EMMS is for mmx only.

   Also, it should be talked at some moment :-) I hope this code to
be included in the upstream lightning, so that others can benefit
from the changes, but I already put a lot of work, and plan to still
do a lot of extra work on it, so, it should be fair to add my name
to the sources, and update FSF copyright to 2010.

I will add you to the AUTHORS file too.

Paolo