[Lightning] loading symbols / locals into gdb?

From: Bruno Loff
Subject: [Lightning] loading symbols / locals into gdb?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:12:04 +0000

Hello again :-)

I was wondering: I am now starting to write the programming language for the register machines, and I will eventually want to allow for debugging.

Is there a way of telling gdb that certain executable memory positions correspond to certain lines in source code files? That certain other memory positions are "local" variables that should appear in the watch list, or something to that effect?

Basically, is there something akin to the -g flag of gcc?

I guess not, I can imagine that would be a lot of work, but then Paulo: how are you dealing with this in Owl? How is debugging going to happen there?

Thank you for your time,
Bruno