lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2863 in lilypond: Explicit line breaking not w

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2863 in lilypond: Explicit line breaking not working with whichBar in 2.16
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 07:52:07 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 2863 by address@hidden: Explicit line breaking not working with whichBar in 2.16

If we carefully follow the instructions in Notation Reference 1.6.7 Polymetric Notation, we still cannot get line breaks.

The Default_bar_engraver prevents line-breaks -- intentionally, as indicated by the code comment "lines may only be broken if there is a barline in all staves". Maybe we need a way to turn off that function of the Default_bar_engraver.

It seems quite tricky to allow line breaks in this kind of polymetric music <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-05/msg00392.html>

Attachments:
        2863.png  8.9 KB
        2863.ly  729 bytes