lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3992 in lilypond: Using dodecaphonic and dodec

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3992 in lilypond: Using dodecaphonic and dodecaphonic-no-repeat there is no difference
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 00:42:34 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 3992 by address@hidden: Using dodecaphonic and dodecaphonic-no-repeat there is no difference

That fixes the problem.

I can make a patch for it. While I'm at it, I'd like to go over the code for dodecaphonic-no-repeat.

The description says that accidentals are reckoned by _voice_. The behavior in the documentation (i.e., when it was working) was by _staff_. Thus, the cross-staff C#4 in the first measure left hand received an accidental, but the half note C#4 got no accidental.

Attached is an image which is consistent with the comments on the code. Of course, the accidental on the C#4 half-note looks fussy. Should that be removed as well? (The downstemmed C#5 in the second measure would lose its accidental if this change were incorporated.)

Attachments:
        no-repeat-dodecaphonic.png  93.7 KB