Re: Texinfo

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Texinfo
Date: 03 Sep 2001 12:01:10 +0200

Jérémie Lumbroso <address@hidden> writes:

>   I  just  installed Texinfo using the Cygwin installer, and
>   each  time  I  try  to  use  texi2dvi on tutorial.itely or
>   ly2dvi.itexi,  the process freeze while tex is running (no
>   screen output).

Using texi2dvi won't work on .*tely files.  You'll have to preprocess
them first using lilypond-book.  Also, .itely files are not separate
documents, to get the tutorial, you'll have to process the complete
manual.

You should try using the normal make process, like so:

    make -C Documentation/user out/lilypond.dvi

It may be, that because you're using windows (read: miktex, which
wants dos style paths), this doesn't work for you.  You could try
doing

    tex Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL.texi

to see if texinfo is installed correctly.

To compile the tutorial by hand, you would do something like:

    lilypond-book --format=texi lilypond.tely

which produres lilypond.texi, and then it runs

    tex lilypond.texi

Jan.