Re: guile for lilypond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: guile for lilypond
Date: 12 Sep 2001 18:42:55 +0200

"Gerrit P. Haase" <address@hidden> writes:

> I fetched your vesion of guile-1.4-1.

[For GNU/windows, I presume]

> It is not stripped:
> Is it a problem to strip it? Have I missed the point?

No problem to strip it.  As far as I know, Guile is packaged simply by
doing `make install prefix=/tmp/somewhere', and rolling a tarball,
like all other packages.

So, it seems that the decision not to strip is made by the Guile
team, really.

> I have my own version and I'm looking forward to include it in the
> 'official' cygwin netrelease, once the no-new-package moratorium is
> lifted.
>
> Any objections if I take over the mantenance of guile?

No, that would be nice.  To be fair, maintaining the Windows
distribution and binaries is a pain for us, non-windows developers.
Are you a LilyPond user?  Don't hesitate to ask the same for LilyPond
herself :-)

Greetings,
Jan.