Re: Font list truncated in HTML

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font list truncated in HTML
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:43:28 +0100

> address@hidden writes:
> > I just realize that lilypond-book is a bit limited
> > when it comes to producing PNG pictures for HTML
> > versions of the document. If you look at
> > http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/The-Feta-font.html
> > the result is truncated since it fills more than one
> > page and only the first page is included in the PNG.
> > I don't know how to fix it cleanly. The postscript
> > version of the manual contains the complete list.
>
> It's a lot simpler to extract the glyphs from the metafont GF file
> directly, using gf2pbm.

Certainly, but how would you include the result as an appendix
of the manual? Also, it doesn't solve the general problem. I'm
sure there are some people who want to publish some text with
musical examples using lilypond-book where some musical excerpt
is longer than one page. At the moment it works well as long as
you generate .ps output but not with .html output.
At least, this limitation of lilypond-book should be documented,
if it cannot easily be solved.

  /Mats