Re: Piano pedalling patch

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Piano pedalling patch
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:45:55 +0100 (MET)

Citat Chris Jackson <address@hidden>:

> That's odd. I seem to remember finding this problem once and fixing
> it.

Okay, it seems like the problem is only in 'mixed style (and not in 'bracket
style). So you fixed the bug but forgot that the fix should apply in both modes.
:-)

> > - how do you do a  Ped____|Ped__|  without destroying the spacing? I
> > would prefer to define a sustainUpDown for the wedgde and let
> \sutainUp
> > \sustainDown do the above instead.
>
> Hmm. That would need to be added as a new style option, I suppose.

What do you mean with "style-option"? It needs to be applicable to both bracket
and mixed mode - and it needs to be changable within the same pedal-marking so
that one can do

> the existing code for Ped. *. I also had trouble coding the length of
> the line so that it lasted to the end of the note and no further.

I understand the problem... Hmm, perhaps it is also an unwise thing to do while
Han-Wen is still hacking in the spacing routine. But please add a todo-comment!

-Rune