Re: Problems porting lilypond to MacOS X

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: Problems porting lilypond to MacOS X
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:07:08 -0800

[Hi mailing list!

This conversation started off the list & I was asked to continue it here. The context is that I'm trying to get lilypond to
build as a fink package on MacOS X]

On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 03:35 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
can you try this patch?

--- lilypond-book.py~   Tue Feb 26 20:32:32 2002
+++ lilypond-book.py    Thu Mar 14 12:33:48 2002
[... patch omitted ...]

That seems to have done the trick! The only additional issue which you don't seem to have mentioned in your installation instructions was that the default stack size on MacOS X is too small to run some of the scripts, so I added an instruction

limit stacksize 8M

after which the make ran to completion.

Thanks a lot for your help, I hope to have a working fink package in about 10 days.

Matthias