Announcing Lilypond fink package (for MacOS X)

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Announcing Lilypond fink package (for MacOS X)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:18:19 -0800

I'm pleased to announce that a fink package to compile Lilypond 1.5.45 is now available for MacOS X.

To try it:

- Get the Fink package manager from http://fink.sourceforge.net
- Get the Lilypond package description by either
  a) Enabling the "unstable" tree in fink and executing "fink selfupdate"
b) Or copying the two included files into /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo
- Install the Lilypond package by executing

        fink install lilypond-unstable

That's it! The command should compile & install all Lilypond prerequisites (python, TeX, X11, ghostscript) and then
Lilypond itself.

I've named this package "lilypond-unstable" in the hope of eventually also creating a "lilypond" package once I manage to build one of the 1.4 (or possibly 1.6 when that time comes) releases. I plan to catch up with new 1.5 releases every 2 weeks or so.

Please let me know about your success or failure in using this package. The more feedback I get, the sooner the lilypond package can be folded into the main fink distribution.

Matthias