accidentals bug

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: accidentals bug
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:59:16 +0200

I just found an undocumented feature in my accidentals patch, illustrated by the following ex.

\score {
    \context Voice \notes \transpose c'' {
            \property Staff.autoAccidentals = #'(Staff (any-octave . 0))
            < cis'1 c > < c cis' >
        }
    \paper {
        linewidth = -1
    }
}

In the first chord the algorightm works: the cis gets sharp - and the c sees that the cis was there and hence gets a natural sign. In the 2nd chord (the same chord with notes in different order) it goes wrong: the c doesn't know that the cis will come and hence doesn't know that it needs a natural sign.

It will be quite tricky to fix this properly (and it will SLOW DOWN lilypond) - and the problem will occur very seldom - only when having the same note with different accidentals occuring simultainously.

I think that it will suffer to leave a note in the documentation about this... At least until 1.7.

-Rune