New way of creating repeats

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: New way of creating repeats
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:34:34 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> As you all know I am busy now, but in the summer I'll be active again
> (in a producing not just a commenting way). Until then I would like
> comments on this idea - surely there must be somehing that I have
> overlooked.

There is one  general comment, namely that there are an infinite
number of  input optimizations, and most of them make the format more
complicated. Luckily, it should not be so hard to write support for
this 'x' in Scheme, so we can cheaply experiment with it.  I'm
currently more busy with getting 1.5 closer to 1.6, so no more
comments right now.