Re: clean-fonts in 1.5

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: clean-fonts in 1.5
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:07:26 +0200

> Since I switched to 1.5, I've been having an intermittent problem with
> old font information hanging around.  The symptom is that all my
> noteheads are triangles and such things, and the clefs are either
> missing or wrong.
>
> neither clean-fonts nor make uninstall seems to remove the
> information, but various versions of "rm -rf
> /usr/local/share/lilypond" or /usr/local/share/lilypond/fonts
> (followed by a "make install") do the trick.
>
> I haven't reinstalled 1.4, so I don't know why the problem comes
> back.  This morning's version was after installing cvs over 1.5.58.

What do the commands
>>kpsewhich feta20.mf
>>kpsewhich feta20.pk
and
>>kpsexpand \$VARTEXFONTS
return?

Do you, by chance, have an old soft link from some texmf.local
directory to /usr/local/share/lilypond/ following the old FAQ
on font installation? In that case, the simple solution is to
remove that link.

You will still have to run clean-fonts after updating Lilypond
to clean the generated bitmapped fonts in `kpsexpand \$VARTEXFONTS`.

   /Mats