non-ascii chars in lilypond-book input does not work

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: non-ascii chars in lilypond-book input does not work
Date: 12 Jun 2002 14:48:08 +0200

The following at the en of the message, compiled like this:

lilypond-book filename.mb
latex filename.latex
xdvi filename.latex

does not display the norwegian characters.

locale say LC_XXX all is no_NO

If I process the created lily-nnnnnnnn.ly using ly2dvi and the view the
file with xdvi, then the norwegian characters are displayed.

Any hints??? I run lilypond 1.5.60 on debian almost woody.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{t1enc,isolatin1}
\usepackage[norsk]{babel}
\usepackage{graphics}

\begin{document}
\section*{Liturgi for familiegudstjeneste}

These norwegian chars display ok: øæåØÆÅ
But not the text in the music below.

\begin{lilypond}
melodi = \notes\relative g'{
g8 g
}

tekst = \lyrics{
%% everything between X and X dissappear %%
ab XøæåØÆÅX
}
\score{
\addlyrics