re: lily core dump

From: raoul.megelas
Subject: re: lily core dump
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:40:30 +0200

on Sat 22, June 2002 Han-Wen <address@hidden> wrote

> the fonts should be in /usr/local/share/lilypond/VERSION/fonts/afm/fetaxx.afm.
> Please double check your installation.

It is done now.
related to this topic i found this in config.h:
datadir=/usr/local/share//1.5.62.uu1 !!!
of course lilypond was installed in:
/usr/local/share/1.5.62.uu1,
and not in /usr/local/share/lilypond/1.5.62.uu1 directory
as expected.

1. must we define the package name variable somewhere?

2. concerning the lilypond core dump, i observe that
        ly2dvi -P filename.ly
runs like a gentleman till the end,
        and
        lilypond filename.ly
 crashes with a core dump.

sure ly2dvi passes some options to lilypond that lilypond does not take by
default.

Best regards

        raoul
        address@hidden