Re: Cf. Hofstadter's Law

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Cf. Hofstadter's Law
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:48:40 -0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

I realize that I'm not making myself popular now, but how about

True.

marking this as an official shortcoming of LilyPond, and leave it up
to the user to add appropriate `!' for the piano staff case?

Hmm.
You have some rather hairy suggestions, and I haven't thought this through at all, but I think problems would be easier (that doesn't mean "easy" - just "easier") solved by moving the acc engraver to score level. This way all accidentals would be visible from each other.
Problems would then be:
- how to decide when the last acc is acked so that 2nd pass could start.
- how to position accidentals on the staves.

This all seems hyperhairy, BTW. This is definitely post 1.6 stuff.

Sure thing. So for now we leave the accidental engraver as is, store the new accidental engraver at a safe place and carry on.
Bugs are documented.

-Rune