peanuts

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: peanuts
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:44:03 +0200 (CEST)

File NEWS:

> * More ancient notation support: mensural ligatures, porrectuses,
> ambituses, more shapes.

The mensural sucessor of the porrectus is already transparently handled by
the mensural ligature engraver, and as soon as the vaticana style
porrectus will (in 1.7) be transparently handled by a vaticana ligature
engraver, porrectus engraver will completely be removed.  Hence I would
suggest to mention porrectus not at all.

Ambitus per se has nothing to do with ancient notation.  It's just
useful when transcribing ancient music, but it is definitely a feature of
its own.  Hence, I would suggest to mention it somewhere else (maybe as an
entry of its own).

BTW., we may prefer the latin plural form of the word "ambitus".  I think
this should be also be "ambitus", but with a long "u" ("u" declination),
but I may check this at home to be certain.

Greetings,
Juergen