guile make with 1.7 CVS

From: Graham Percival
Subject: guile make with 1.7 CVS
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:33:38 -0700

Background: debian/testing with guile1.4 installed.  I downloaded the tarball
for guile1.6 and did the "./configure; make; make install".  This put guile1.6
in /usr/local/foo.

Lilypond ./autoconf finds guile1.6, but when I try make or "make web-doc", I get
the following:

----
make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C user all &&  make PACKAGE=LILYPOND
package=lilypond -C bibliography all &&  make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond
-C pictures all &&  make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C topdocs all &&
make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C misc all &&  make PACKAGE=LILYPOND
package=lilypond -C windows all && true
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gperciva/lilypond/Documentation/user'
cd ./out && /home/gperciva/lilypond/lily/out/lilypond --verbose
/home/gperciva/lilypond/ly/generate-documentation
/home/gperciva/lilypond/lily/out/lilypond: error while loading shared
libraries: libguile.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [out/lilypond-internals.nexi] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gperciva/lilypond/Documentation/user'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
----

A week ago I tried removing guile1.4, and Lilypond built just fine.  However,
I'd like to keep guile1.4 around for Lily1.6.  And Lilypond's ./configure
_does_ find guile1.6.  My guess is that configure doesn't pass the /usr/local
stuff over to make, so make uses guile1.4 by accident.

HTH,