Re: Which path for the dictionary? ... auto-completion possible in Emacs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Which path for the dictionary? ... auto-completion possible in Emacs.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:28:01 +0100

This could easily be solved if Emacs had environment variables similar
to $TEXINPUTS for teTeX, where you could add directories to the default
load path. There is an environment variable $LOADPATH, but for some
curious reason, it overrides the default path, so it has to include also all
directories that Emacs searches by default. This makes it virtually impossible
to automatically add a new search directory in a lilypond-profile.sh file.

On the other hand, we already now have lilypond-mode.el,
lilypond-font-lock.el and lilypond-indent.el that has to be
included in the Emacs load path in some way or the other.
Therefore, the obvious solution is to place also the dictionary
file in the same directory and find it via the load path.

   /Mats

Heikki Johannes Junes wrote:

Please tell me which path could be best for file "lilypond.words"? The
most preferable place found be me was:

 /usr/share/dict/lilypond.words

So completions are possible. The inclusion of a word list would have the
following benefits:

- common word list for emacs and vim
- makes auto-completion possible
- makes lilypond-font-lock.el shorter

and the following withdraw:

- path is different in different os:s (mac, win, etc.) -> os-dep path?

All the spec-files should also be updated if this change takes plase.

Please, comment. I think that autocompletion will come in need. It is very
easy to implement in vim, and not so bad to be implemented in emacs.

     Heikki Junes