Figured Bass support

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Figured Bass support
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:01:17 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> (a first attempt to post seemed to go into a black hole ... try again ...)
>
> The figured bass support in lilypond (wonderful!) is a little tricky to use
> for three reasons:
> 1) The figures have to be entered in the reverse order (that is a six-four
> chord is entered <4 6>). Of course, this assumes that you do call it
> that and
> not a four-six chord, but I *think* is universally so.

In dutch, <<c' f' a' >> (absolute pitches) is called a 4-6 chord, not
6-4; that's what you mean, right?  I'm not sure about the proper names
in English.

Can you do some more research to find out what is the Right Way?

I've added #'direction for the BassFigure grob, so you can the
stacking direction. (1.7 cvs)

> The last problem is easily fixed:
>
> \property FiguredBass.BassFigure \override #'font-relative-size = #-3
>
> just before the figures does the trick.

I've added this to scm/grob-description.scm

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen