Re: how to make "make deb" use gcc 3.2

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: how to make "make deb" use gcc 3.2
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:43:41 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:45:36 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
ITYM "ln -s gcc-3.2 gcc".
(for anybody else reading this, you also need to do "ln -s g++-3.2 g++")
Ok. Which I guess will lead to the answer to the separate post I will make about using gcc-3.3. Will Lily 1.7.20 not build with gcc-3.3? Is there somewhere I should have read that?

Yeah, that works.  I now realize that the first time I tried it, I
forgot to change g++ as well -- I just changed gcc, left my computer to do
the compile, then freaked out when it failed (due to g++).

OK, that's one solution.  Is there a solution that doesn't involve changing
/usr/bin?  I'd like to add it to INSTALL.txt.  (unless somebody can easily
change the Lilypond source to work with gcc-3.3.  I have no idea how much work
that might involve.)

It will be good to get answers around this. I haven't even found where the target 'deb' is defined. Perhaps it only exists after ./configure?

Thanks,

Paul