Re: Jazz notation

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Jazz notation
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:14:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Roland Glenn McIntosh wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are fonts / capability for lilypond (any
> version) to handle jazz notation (the handwritten style)?

No, I don't think there is such a font.  But since LilyPond already
supports the style property for the most relevant graphical objects, it is
almost just a matter of designing such a font and writing it down as
metafont code (well, the "just" may turn out to take a while, if you want
a really good font).  LilyPond itself is already prepared to support
additional font styles; as far as I can qickly tell, only handwritten
slurs, ties and dynamical signs may impose some additional work on lily
itself.

Any volunteers to create such a font are welcome ;-).

Greetings,
Juergen