RE: Scheme interface for making bezier-sandwich stencils

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: Scheme interface for making bezier-sandwich stencils
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:53:19 -0600

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

> Carl D. Sorensen writes:
>
> > I'm trying to get a bezier-sandwich out from scheme as part of my
> > chord-diagram markup.
>
> Two beziers, with rounded corners and filled area, is that
> really what you need?

No.  One bezier would do me, but there isn't a scheme output function
for a bezier that
I could find.  I'm trying to make the markup so it doesn't require any
changes to the
Lilypond distribution, at least for right now.

If I wanted to use a single bezier, it seems to me that I'd need to add
a bezier procedure to output-*.scm.  I don't think I'd need to make any
changes to lookup.cc, unless I wanted to access beziers from c++
routines.  Am I reading this correctly?

>           '(bezier-sandwich '((6 . 0) (0 . 0) (1.5 . 0.9)
> (4.5 . 0.9) (6 . 0) (0 . 0) (1.5 . 1.1) (4.5 . 1.1)) 0.1)
>
> The `function' (6 . 0) is applied; because it's the first of a list.

Thanks for the help.  I could see I needed to quote the bezier parameter
list, but I had some other syntax that was messing me up.

Carl