Re: bug fixing & ChangeLog

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: bug fixing & ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:06:32 +0200

On Sunday 09 May 2004 10.55, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Werner LEMBERG writes:
> > I suggest that the lily-bugs stuff is `officially' used to document
> > bug fixes in the ChangeLog file.
>
> Yes, but I'd suggest something like
>
>      * lily/ottava-bracket.cc (print): use coordinate, not (0,0) for
>        empty extent.  Fixes: #67.
>
> Or maybe,  Fixes: misplaced-octaviation.ly.

that's fine, though "Fixes: misplaced-octaviation" would be fine enough as
well (that's really the bug identifier, it's more minimal too). This is not
at all important though.

The important thing is "Fixes:" entries though: Please make sure to use
exactly the word 'fixes' for each fix. This would make grep happy, when I
look for bugs to update.

> The backportme is no longer necessary; the bug number tells you that.

Really, how? It is not the case that each fix for a bug which is common for
2.2 and 2.3, should be backported. Some fixes are too nontrivial.
Also, bugs are reported separately for 2.2 and 2.3.

Erik