Re: non-standard accidentals

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: non-standard accidentals
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:51:21 +0200

Go to www.lilypond.org -> Documentation -> Regression Test and
search for the example named key-signature-scordatura.ly.
In spite or its name, this document is an invaluable source
of good examples (together with the Tips and Tricks document).

   /Mats

Karl Grill wrote:
Hi all,
First of all, let me congratulate you to this great piece of work. I'm
interested in oriental (Turkish) music, and as there is a fair number
of non-standard keys, I'd like to know if anyone has ever done
anything about adding custom accidentals. Namely, Turkish classical
music divides the full tone up into nine "quartertones" which are
written out by adding either flags or numerical superscripts to the
standard accidentals. I'd like to be able to enter this kind of
notation, and, of course, also to have these microtones honored in the
midi output. So, I'd like to know if this can be done without fiddling
around to much with the full source code, and if maybe someone else
has already done something similar.

regards
kg

        Mats Bengtsson