Re: devel on OSX

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: devel on OSX
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:07:37 -0700

guile is in fink (actually, you need guile16).

I realize that, but it's configured in a weird way.  Or something.

Yes, it is. The part that I omitted in my e-mail was "look at the compile and install scripts in the lilypond fink package and adapt them to you needs". The key here is how I call configure:

BISON=/usr/bin/bison PYTHON=%p/bin/python2.2 GUILE=%p/bin/guile-1.6 GUILE_CONFIG=guile-1.6-config ./configure %c

the two guile related environment variables set up for proper use of guile 1.6 (the python and bison variables may be less essential, the python one is just to ensure a consistent build and the latter to avoid unfortunate interactions with the fink bison package).

Unfortunately, mftrace & co. are not yet available on MacOS X. The current fink packages "cheat" on the source builds by extracting the prebuilt fonts from the RedHat rpms. This may not be a viable strategy for CVS tracking.

mftrace will compile; I just tried it.

Interesting. Last time I tried to make a package, there were just too many unresolved dependencies, but somebody ported autotrace since then, so maybe I should make another attempt at packaging mftrace.

Please let me know if other build issues crop up
Matthias