Re: some bugs in my Ballade

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: some bugs in my Ballade
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:02:45 +0200

Please use the lilypond-user mailing list for questions on the
stable version 2.2.

Matevz Jekovec wrote:
Hello to all.
I want to publish my Ballade for flute and piano with a help of LilyPond (v2.2.4) engraver and I just cannot solve the following bugs in my score. I would appreciate some advice. 1. The extent between staves is too big. Any way I could fix that if I want to use dynamic/pedal markings seperated from the piano staff?
See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html#Vertical%20spacing
and search the mailing list archives of lilypond-user.

2. The /mf/ in the beginning is too right (it should be right over the first note). But if I remove the themeMarkings context, it becomes aligned correctly.

Sorry, I can't spot the problem right now.

3. I tried \modernCautionaries and \pianoCautionaries as mentioned in manual, but LilyPond doesn't recognize them (no escape sequence \pianoCautionaries found).

Have you seen the following section of the manual?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Accidentals.html#Accidentals

4. Any way I could name myself Matevž and not Matevz? (found in utf, latin2 or cp1250)

You can include any LaTeX commands in the titling information,
try:
  composer = "Matev\\v{z} Jekovec"

   /Mats