Re: Encoding Problems

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Encoding Problems
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:17:55 +0200

Carl Sorensen writes:

> Empirically, I found that in order for it to work, I needed to give a
> full specification, including encoding, family, series, shape, and
> size.  Perhaps I don't know how to do it right.  (An example is given
> below).

Yes, it's needed, I see.

> Sorry, I had a brain cramp.  I hadn't figured out (then) an easy way to
> make a small example.  Now, it's right here.

Ok, with 2.3.11, I nicely get

/magfontQOTMomMUo { /cmss12 findfont 011.2246 output-scale div scalefont } bind
def

in the .ps output.  Problem seems to be that you need a proper
Fontmap, that is not available with the bluesky fonts on Debian.

You can try:

    mf/out/Fontmap:
    (Fontmap.GS) .runlibfile
    (Fontmap.lily) .runlibfile
    (Fontmap.cm) .runlifile

and create a new Fontmap.cm:
    /cmss12 (cmss12.pfb);

etc.

Maybe we should just generate and distribute the complete list?

If I specify (font-encoding . ec), I get /ecss12, which works fine.

Jan.