interscoreline

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: interscoreline
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:55:27 +0200 (CEST)

[2.3.11]

How can I set the minimum distance between systems (not staff lines)
in the PS backend?  For the TeX backend, there is `interscoreline',
but I can't find a proper equivalent.

Reason for asking is to set it to a negative value.  What I would like
to have is a parameter similar to extra-offset which is applied to the
height of a score system after its total vertical size has been
computed.  As soon as lilypond provides a skyline model instead of the
simple box algorithm to get minimal vertical distances, this won't be
needed any more...

So if I have two systems like this:

     +---------------------------------+
     |staff line 1                     |
     |staff line 2                     |
     |...                              |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     +---------------------------------+ ---
     +---------------------------------+ --- min. dist. = 0
     |staff line 1                     |
     |staff line 2                     |
     |...                              |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     +---------------------------------+

I would like to do it like the following (in this mail only I use a
horizontal offset for better legibility):

     +---------------------------------+
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     |                                 |
     |+--------------------------------++ ---

Is such a feature already available and I've missed it in the
documentation?

    Werner