Re: \layout or \paper?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \layout or \paper?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:51:12 -0700

On 14-Oct-04, at 12:25 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Graham Percival writes:
\paper -> \layout
\bookpaper -> \paper

This will probably confuse a few people, but the new naming
scheme does make sense.

Yes, suggestions appreciated.  The most annoying thing I found is that
Page layout (see start of thread) must be in \paper block.

I'm not certain if we want to change the names again, but it would probably
help a lot if we did
\bookpaper -> \paper -> \page

Having two \paper settings (for pre-2.4 and post-2.4) will be confusing, and
\page is close enough to \paper to make sense.

On second thought, I definitely recommend changing (the current) \paper
to \page.  The new \layout and \paper hasn't been around for long enough
for a lot of people to get used to it, so right now the only people who might get confused by the additional change are the developers. Not having any
\paper section will avoid a /lot/ of confusion in the long run.