Re: make web fails

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:49:41 +0200 (CEST)

> After cleaning Documentation/user/out-www and re-trying make web, I
> still get an error. The incrimined .ly is not properly extracted
> (included below).

The input file has this:

  @lilypond[fragment,verbatim,relative=1] c2 c4. c8 c4. c8 c4. c8 c8
  c8 c4 c4 c4
  @end lilypond

This is wrong input, of course.  It must be

  @lilypond[fragment,verbatim,relative=1]
  c2 c4. c8 c4. c8 c4. c8 c8
  c8 c4 c4 c4
  @end lilypond

Then the output is OK.  I've fixed this in the CVS.

In general, it's difficult to implement any warnings or error messages
with the current regular expressions used to scan for lilypond chunks.
If time permits, I'll rewrite lilypond-book to use a more robust
solution which also allows nested braces.

    Werner