Re: lyricSkip?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lyricSkip?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:45:52 +0100

You certainly increase my confusion! Isn't the point that people want to
use \lyricsto to match music to lyrics, but at the same time be able
to tell LilyPond that "Now there shouldn't be any lyrics for 10 bars,
then you should start the matching again".

An underline is perfectly useful to skip a single note or a few notes.

   /Mats

Erik Sandberg wrote:
Hi,

There have been some enquiries about the usage of \skip 4 for skipping lyrics with \lyricsto. I can agree that the \skip notation might be a bit unintuitive. May I suggest that we add a variable \skipLyric, which just would be defined as
skipLyric = \lyricsmode { \skip 4 }
? This might remove some confusion.

Erik

        Mats Bengtsson