guile-gnome trouble

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: guile-gnome trouble
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 03:06:40 +0100

Hi!

I'm having lots of trouble installing the necessary libs for GNOME guile
output.

To make a long story short: I can not find any way to make anything work.
Executing _any_ scheme code results in an error similar to:

ERROR: no code for module (gnome gtk)
This is when running "guile -s foo.scm", for any example from
guile-gnome/share/guile-gnome-0/gnome/

I first installed all relevant Debian packages I can figure out, all from
Debian testing. Including:
libguilegtk-1.2-0_0.31-3_i386.deb
libguilegtk-1.2-dev_0.31-3_i386.deb
libgwrapguile-dev_1.3.4-12_i386.deb
libgwrapguile1_1.3.4-12_i386.deb
libpango1.0-dev_1.6.0-3_i386.deb
libpango1.0-0_1.6.0-3_i386.deb
This didn't help, so I ran lilypond's buildscripts/guile-gnome.sh (which ran
nicely), and made sure that these also were set:
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/erik/usr/pkg/g-wrap/share/guile/site:/home/erik/usr/pkg/g-wrap/share/guile/site/g-wrap:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/erik/usr/pkg/g-wrap/lib:
This changed nothing, so now I'm clueless.. I just suppose that there is
something obvious that I missed.

Pedro, I know you're using something like debian/testing also.. do you have a
clue of what could be wrong? Also, are you planning to make a gnome-enabled
debian package of lily 2.5 soon? (in that case I could wait for that before
testing gnome output)

any help is appreciated..
Erik