Re: Documentation (was: Help! \mark, and lesson in Scheme)

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: Documentation (was: Help! \mark, and lesson in Scheme)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:05:59 +0100

Hello

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:50:05 +0000, Anthony W. Youngman
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Note that this will require somebody to take my code, check it, and
> create a proper patch to add it :-) or help me to do it, which I'm quite
> happy to do but need help with!
I also agree with you that a format-mark-alphabet function would be
useful. It's easy to code, and it gives new users an easy way to use
this kind of rehersal marks.

Based on your mail I've created a patch for this. I see no reason to
exclude this kind of rehersal mark, as other popular programs (for
example Sibelius) provides this. With this patch and my
format-mark-barnumber patch we'll provide four different types of
rehersal marks: letters, numbers, barnumbers, and alphabet. All with
or without surrounding boxes. This gives our users more flexibility
than most other programs I've tried.

Erlend