Re: new \context definition loses old context definitions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new \context definition loses old context definitions
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:37:10 -0800

On 7-Jan-05, at 1:33 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Since the identifier \RemoveEmptyStaffContext is defined in
ly/engraver-init.ly, its definition will not change when you
redefine the \Staff identifier in you .ly file. If you think about
it, you will realize that this "bug" is the only way to make it
work.

Yes, you're quite right.  Sorry, it didn't occur to me that
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext would behave differently
than \Staff.  I should have tested it with pure \Staff s before
asking about this "bug".

Still, this is worth a sentence or two in the manual.  Added
to CVS.