Re: Font Mismatches (Was: Need Reference Output)

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: Font Mismatches (Was: Need Reference Output)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:15:38 -0800

On Jan 26, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Ah, I think it all becomes clearer now: Rather to my surprise, Mac OS X
does NOT ship with Century Schoolbook TrueType fonts

That's quaint; NCSB is a PostScript standard font.

Yes, I know. Apple shipped printers with it 20 years ago :-)

There's even a free version supplied by URW.

Ah! I didn't know that.

Isn't there a way to have the Ghostscript font be available on Mac as well?

It turns out there is, once I knew what to look for (the whole combo of fontconfig, pango, and freetype2 is still very new to me). Things seem to look pretty reasonable now, except that in many input files, lilypond spits out lots of:

programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space
Setting to zero.
Continuing; crossing fingers

seemingly with no disastrous effect on the output. Is this a known issue, or another Mac bug I need to hunt?

Matthias