Re: Introducing the LIlypond Snippet Repository

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Introducing the LIlypond Snippet Repository
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:52:32 +0100

On Monday 31 January 2005 06.38, Graham Percival wrote:
> On 30-Jan-05, at 7:38 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> >   * Maybe it would be a good idea to have separate snippet DB for each
> >     branch (ie. a 2.4 and 2.6 database.). It is possible to run
> >     multiple versions of Lily alongside eachother. If you can't make
> >     it work, that is a serious bug, and I will gladly work with you to
> >     make it work
>
> Wouldn't be ok to just have one branch (for the current stable) ?  When
> a new stable branch is almost ready, converting the DB can be a good
> test for convert-ly.  :)

Most snippets will probably be written for the stable version (e.g. 2.4) while
the unstable (2.5) is developed. So when the new stable (2.6) is getting
closer, all those new 2.4 snippets should be converted to 2.6.

However, I still think there should be an unstable branch of the DB: There has
to be a place to put examples of the new features, that only work on the
unstable branch of lily. IMHO it would not be so important to keep the
unstable branch of the DB correct/compilable though, at least not until the
stable release is near.

Erik