Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:50:13 +0100

For tie directions, take a look at the list of predefined commands at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
I think you can guess from the name, which command to use to direct it
upwards or downwards, respectively.

   /Mats

Kilian A. Foth wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
 > address@hidden writes:
 > [...]
 > > of two candidate notes is compared, but the normalized chromatic
 > > pitch.  (The old behaviour can, of course, be produced by not using
 > > ~ in the first place.)
> > Does this actually work? IIRC, the Tie code is hard-wired to assume
 > that ties are always horizontal.

You're right, the tie is still horizontal, i.e. it will end half a
line too low or too high (I lack the expertise to change tie direction
as well). It still looks rather good to me - way better than the
alternative (tieing to an invisible note of the appropriate pitch)
because that would let the tie end much too soon.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology